If you’re shopping around for a reliable, sturdy chainsaw to tackle your jobs around the house, then you might want to consider a Poulan Pro chainsaw. Poulan Pro is a reputed manufacturer of chainsaws, and its products are known for their quality and sturdiness. To help save you time when you shop around for one, we’ve reviewed the top three Poulan pro chainsaw options. Keep reading to find the best Poulan Pro chainsaw in 2020
Are you trying to find some general information on different tools? Check out our complete resource guides on Miter Saws, Table Saws, Chainsaws, Band Saws and Circular Saws. These guides have all the information you need. You will be able to find history, the differnt types of the tool, top brand sold, and more!
Table of contents
- Poulan Pro Chainsaw Reviews
- Benefits of Owning a Poulan Pro Chainsaw
- The Poulan Pro Chainsaw Brand
- Wrap Up
Poulan Pro Chainsaw Reviews
Below we’ll cover the top three Poulan pro chainsaw options you’ll find on the market today. That way, you’ll already have an idea of what to look for before you start shopping around. Remember, the more you know about the chainsaw you wish to purchase before you hit the stores, the better.
Poulan Pro Chainsaw PR4218
If you’re looking for a durable chainsaw that’s still decently budget-friendly, then you might want to consider the Poulan Pro Chainsaw PR4218. For the price, you’ll get several great features, like the anti-vibration handle that helps improve your safety, and also makes the saw comfortable to use. This saw also comes with an 18-inch guide bar to help you make accurate cuts when you need to.
The Poulan Pro Chainsaw PR4218 also comes with an automatic oiling system. So, the built-in system will lubricate the bar and chain consistently while you use the chainsaw. You’ll also get a reverse sprocket, which makes it easy to replace the chain on this saw without tools
Things we like:
- Anti-vibration handle for more comfort and safety
- Automatic oiling system
- Includes 18-inch guide bar
Things we don’t like:
- Some complaints about the chain being challenging.
Poulan Pro PP5020AV 20-Inch 50cc 2 Stroke Gas Powered Chainsaw
If you need something comparable to the option above, but you need a slightly longer blade, then the Poulan Pro PP5020AV 20-Inch 50cc 2 Stroke Gas Powered Chainsaw might be the choice for you. This chainsaw comes with a DuraLife engine, which offers longer engine life when compared to some other saws. Plus, you’ll also get an immaculate air filter system with this chainsaw, which will help make your air filter last longer, too.
The Poulan Pro PP5020AV features an easy-to-use pull chord and a handle that works well to reduce vibrations. That means you won’t get tired out as quickly when you use this chainsaw. This chainsaw also features an automatic chain oiler and comes with a carrying case and an on-board locking scrench holder.
Things we like:
- DuraLife engine for a long life
- An immaculate air filter system
- Easy-to-use pull chord
- Automatic chain oiler
Things we don’t like:
- Some complaints about the cord on this chainsaw.
Poulan Pro Chainsaw 50cc
If the above options are a bit out of your price range and you need something affordable and durable, then you might want to save a bit of money and opt for the Poulan Pro Chainsaw 50cc. This chainsaw comes with OxyPower engine technology, so it’s powerful enough to handle most chores. While you’ll get a powerful engine, the technology behind this engine produces 70% fewer emissions and uses 20% less fuel when compared to other saws.
The Poulan Pro Chainsaw 50cccomes with an easy-to-use pull cord starting system that’s made for reduced wear and tear on the chainsaw. Also, you’ll get the combi tool built into the rear handle on this chainsaw. You’ll also get a purge bulb, which makes it easier to start this chainsaw.
Things we like:
- Affordable option
- Comes with OxyPower engine technology for strength and green power
- Purge bulb makes it easier to start this chainsaw
Things we don’t like:
- May not be strong enough for all of your jobs.
Benefits of Owning a Poulan Pro Chainsaw
So, why would anybody want to own a Poulan Pro Chainsaw? Poulan makes their chainsaws, so they provide several desirable features when compared to some other competing brands. If you’re wondering about the benefits of owning a Poulan Pro Chainsaw, we’ve got those listed below for you.
- Every Poulan Pro chainsaw is manufactured with the brand’s desirable OxyPower patented technology. OxyPower gives these chainsaw an impressive amount of power while still being green. Not only will you get all the power you need, but you’ll consume 20% less fuel and create 70% fewer emissions when compared to using other chainsaws.
- If you opt for one of Poulan Pro’s gas-powered chainsaw, then you’ll get a chainsaw that has a spring-assist pull chord. Those chords are designed to make the start-up process easier on your chainsaw.
- Poulan Pro also makes their chainsaws with the revolutionary SuperClean filtering system. That means these chainsaws aren’t as hard on air filters. Your air filter will last longer, and your chainsaw will require less maintenance when compared to the competition.
- These chainsaws also come with an automatic oiling system. So, your bar and chain will both stay lubricated, giving you all the power you’ll need without friction.
- Poulan Pro designs all of their chainsaws to be lightweight. The heaviest Poulan Pro chainsaw you’ll find on the market today weighs a mere twenty-one pounds. That means you’ll experience less strain while you work, and you’ll be able to work for longer.
- Poulan Pro also usually offers a carrying case with most of their chainsaws, making their products very portable.
- Poulan Pro uses a well-known, and reliable two-cycle gasoline patented DuraLife engine for additional power. These engines are also chromium-plated, making them even more robust.
- Poulan Pro chainsaws also offer a useful quick-adjust feature.
If you’d like to learn a little more about purchasing a Poulan Pro chainsaw, check out this video here.
The Poulan Pro Chainsaw Brand
Poulan Pro chainsaws are known for being decent quality chainsaws that are affordable. The Poulan Pro brand focuses on giving homeowner’s the most bang for their buck while they still get plenty of quality and power from their chainsaws. Their affordable prices, combined with their overall quality, has made them a popular choice in chainsaws.
Poulan Pro, the manufacturer that designed all of the chainsaws we have on our list, is owned by Husqvarna, who is a renowned manufacturer in chainsaws across the globe. Poulan Pro originally started in 1944 as the Poulan Saw Company and was founded by Claude Poulan, who is well-known for having created many pioneering inventive ideas for chainsaws.
Now that you know more about the best Poulan Pro chainsaw options, you can make your decision about your purchase. If you’re looking for something that packs a punch, we’d suggest the Poulan Pro Chainsaw PR4218. However, if you need something that has a longer blade, you could opt for the Poulan Pro PP5020AV 20-Inch 50cc 2 Stroke Gas Powered Chainsaw, which will give you a little more power for about the same price. If you’re shopping on a budget and you need a more affordable option, then we’d suggest the Poulan Pro Chainsaw 50cc.
Now that you have a good idea about the type of Poulan Pro chainsaw you’d like to buy, it’s time to get out there and look around for your Poulan Pro chainsaw parts and your Poulan pro chainsaw today!
Are you looking for more guides on chainsaws? Check out some of our most popular guides, Best Chainsaw Chaps 2019 – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide, Review: Black + Decker LCS1240 12” Lithium Ion Chainsaw, Lowes Chainsaws | Browse Gas, Cordless & Electric, and Stihl Chainsaw Prices: Tips and Reviews.