Table of Contents
- BetterVent Indoor Dryer Vent Kit
- Flexible Clothes Dryer Transition Duct
- Dundas Jafine – ProFlex Indoor Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit
- Recessed Dryer Vent Box (# DB-425)
- Heartland 21000 Dryer Vent Closure
- Whirlpool 4396037RP 0-to-18 Inch Vent Periscope
- Dryer Vent Hose Kit Features that Matter
BetterVent Indoor Dryer Vent KitManufactured by BetterVent, the BetterVent Indoor Dryer Vent model has a dual filter system, which is great at catching all the dryer lint on the clothes. It vents inside the house causing heat and humidity in the room which has the clothes dryer vent kit. Enjoy the low maintenance of the dryer vent kit as it does not require any water for usage requiring minimum exhaustion. The durable stainless-steel screen makes for a large filter. The dryer vent kit filter easily catches all the lint, dust and can be easily vacuum cleaned as needed. I would like to note, this kit doesn’t come with a dryer vent hose.
Filters Come with this Dryer Vent KitIn the colder months, energy is saved by using this model as all the warm air enters the room. Quick and convenient installation is possible. When you buy the BetterVent Indoor Dryer Vent kit you also receive a 30 day warranty period from the date you buy the dryer vent kit. I quite like the fact that when you buy the dryer vent kit, you also receive two extra dryer vent filters which can be replaced as required.
Things We Like About the BetterVent Indoor Dryer Vent Kit:
- Saves energy as clothes dry faster
- Patented safety vent flap notifies users when the vent filter needs to be cleaned
- Doesn’t require water to be added
- Very large dryer vent filter
- Comes with two extra filters
Things We Don’t Like About the BetterVent Indoor Dryer Vent Kit:
- Vent filter may be too large for some
- Doesn’t come with a dryer vent hose
Flexible Clothes Dryer Transition DuctCompatible with all clothes dryer models, this dryer vent kit is an affordable and convenient product to use. Durable and sturdy, the Flexible Clothes Dryer Transition Dryer Duct model is manufactured from aluminum and measures 4″x 20″ in size. This is a corrosion and dust resistant indoor dryer vent kit. Installation is easy whether you choose to do it yourself or hire a technician. This dryer duct indoor vent kit is fire resistant due to its tight seal on the dryer duct opening. The best part is the two premium clamps included giving easy connectivity to the wall and the dryer.
Why We Like the Flexible Clothes Dryer Transition Dryer Duct Indoor Dryer Vent Kit:
- Easy installation
- Dust, corrosion and fire-resistant model
- The package comes with two premium clamps
- Compatible with all dryer models
Things We Don’t Like:
- A bit thin for usage
- Less durable than other models
Dundas Jafine – ProFlex Indoor Dryer Vent Cleaning KitAn indoor dryer vent kit, this model is perfect if the dryer cannot be vented outdoors. I quite like the fact that the package comes with two adjustable clamps and a lint reservoir. Best for smaller spaces, it is not advisable to use this model with a gas dryer. Approved for use in homes as per safety regulations, this model is compatible with indoor use. This kit comes with a dryer vent hose.
Things We Like About the Dryer Vent Kit:
- Indoor Dryer Vent compatible with an electric dryer
- Package includes – dryer duct, two clamps, a lint trap reservoir, and a dryer vent hose
- Suitable for small spaces like apartments and condominiums
Things We Don’t Like About the Dryer Vent Kit:
- DO NOT use with gas driers
- Not ideal for larger spaces
Recessed Dryer Vent Box (# DB-425)Remove the inefficiencies of improper dryer venting by eliminating the friction in the dryer vent hose. The Dryer Box comes with a mechanism which protects the reflex from getting crushed. Go ahead and place the dryer against the wall and minimize the lint build up. Minimum maintenance makes this model one of the best choices for the homeowner and professional contractors.
Things We Like:
- Minimizes lint build -up
- Higher efficiency and saves energy
- Recommended for professional technicians and contractors
- Lower risk of fire hazard
- Made of 22 gauge aluminized steel
Things We Don’t Like:
- Less practical for home usage
- Expensive for both purchase and information
- Doesn’t come with a dryer vent hose
Heartland 21000 Dryer Vent ClosureEasy to setup and install, the Heartland 2100 Dryer Vent Closure is one of the most recommended vents by the professionals and amateurs alike. Featuring a square base with already drilled holes, this dryer vent cover is built-to-last. Great for use throughout the year, it allows warm air to exit once it has been properly closed. This Heartland model also keeps all sorts of pests at bay by preventing them from entering the area. Affordability and durability make this a great dryer vent kit to buy and get the best bang for your buck. Effort and time can be easily saved by investing in this one. The Heartland Dryer Vent needs to be aligned and installed in a vertical position as suggested by the manufacturers.
Things We Like About the Heartland 2100 Dryer Vent Hose Kit :
- Highly effective ventilation
- Keeps Pests away from the dryer vent
- Pre-drilled holes save resources
Things We Don’t Like About the Heartland 2100 Dryer Vent Kit:
- Needs to be reinforced with paint to prevent deterioration
- May be difficult to install
Whirlpool 4396037RP 0-to-18 Inch Vent PeriscopeUniquely shaped, the Whirlpool 4396037RP 0-to-18 Inch Vent Periscope is designed with an adjustable dryer vent feature which allows it to adjust with various kinds of dryer models. Made from steel, its durable build and compatibility with dryer models ensure that it will last for years. This model comes with one snap lock fitting and a long band collar. It can be installed to fit the exact size and length as per your requirements.
Things We Like About the Whirlpool 4396037RP 0-to-18 Inch Vent Periscope :
- Compatible with the majority of clothes dryers
- Dryer Vent is adjustable – from 0 to 18 inches
- Designed to be fitted very close to the wall with a minimum distance of 2.5 inches
- Very cost effective
Things We Don’t Like About the Whirlpool 4396037RP 0-to-18 Inch Vent Periscope :
- Adapter not as durable
- Cheaper for a reason
Dryer Vent Hose Kit Features that Matter
Differences in Dryer Vent KitsIn this section, we’ll discuss a few of the differences between indoor and outdoor dryer vents.
Indoor Dryer Vent KitThough buying indoor dryer vents are popular with most users, they should be used with some precautions. Indoor dryer vents are affordable, compact and manage the room temperature best, can be slightly unsafe. Ideally, all moisture from clothes dryers should be allowed to exit to the outside vent of the home. An apartment or a condominium may be better suited for indoor dryer vents due to the small space available. Mechanical codes and manufacturers recommend regular maintenance for all indoor dryer vents to safeguard from mold formation.
Outdoor Dryer Vent KitOutdoor dryer vents are developed as per the area codes and regulations which makes them more suitable for small and large spaces. With the outdoor dryer vent exhaust duct constructed with minimum 04mm metal, they are safer than the indoor dryer vents. The length of the distance from the dryer exhaust vent duct to the endpoint of the wall should be within 35 feet for it to be safe. These models are safer as compared to indoor dryer vents as they make the airborne vapor exit outside the house. The risk of a dryer exhaust fire is lesser in case of outdoor dryer vents.
WarrantyIt is vital to see the duration of the warranty being offered by the manufacturer of the dryer vent. Longer durations are better in case the product needs to be returned or repaired.
PerformanceDryer vents kits come with different performance levels as per the speed and efficiency of the model’s performance. Bigger, sturdier models are suitable for larger spaces needing more of venting as matched to the clothes dryer size and weight. Do you need to buy an industrial grade dryer vent kit? That’s another factor to consider. Rigid dryer vents made from metal are known to be safer and much cleaner as dryer lint buildup is minimum in the rigid dryer vents. Flexible plastic and metal combination frequently catch higher quantities of lint and need more maintenance and cleaning effort. Flexible dryer duct are also crushed, and this can end up blocking airflow leading to dryer overheating as well.
Build QualityWhen clothes dryers operate, they generate a lot of water which turns into airborne water vapor after evaporation. There are a number of various types like metal, or hard plastic, or a combination of plastic and metal. They are also classified by whether they release the vapor indoors into the house or outdoors, away from the house. The models made of metal are rigid, more durable and last longer. Plastic made vents are prone to get twisted or crushed during operations mainly in the space where they enter into the wall and exit from the dryer. If the build quality isn’t right, it may start emitting excess dust and debris, which you may need to clean up using a dust collector.
SafetyIt is advisable to follow some steps at the time of usage and installation of the dryer vents to safeguard against house fires or excess fumes caused by dryers. Proper and regular lint cleaning and maintenance should be done. Check the termination port of the dryer for any bird activity and remove any debris lodged there. Also note the speed of the air exiting the dryer vent, if it looks slow or obstructed, get it serviced to eliminate any lint or other debris which, may have the potential to cause a fire. The flex transition dryer vent hose should be straight and not crushed by any chance which can be ensured by giving adequate space behind the dryer.
Buy the Best Dryer Vent Hose KitNow that you’ve learned a little about how dryer vents operate and the different materials that various filters can be built from, it’s likely that you have a better idea of what dryer may be best for you. When it comes time to buy a dryer vent kit, use your best judgement based on the information above and remember the novelties and details that differentiate metal vents from plastic vents or indoor vents from outdoor vents. Understanding the nuances in each model will make for an easier buying process. Take it from us, don’t skimp out on buying a dryer vent if you want a clean, fresh load of laundry or any other product you may be drying. Our personal favorite from this list is the BetterVent Indoor Dryer Vent. Did you enjoy this guide? Check out some other things I’ve written:
- The Best Caulk for Shower – Complete Buying Guide & Reviews
- How to Buy the Best Deck Paint – Complete Buying Guide & Reviews
- How to Remove Wax from Wood
- The Best Concrete Anchors – Complete Buying Guide & Reviews
- The Best Paint Stripper – Complete Buying Guide & Reviews
- The Best Under Sink Water Filter – Complete Buying Guide & Reviews
- The Best Stump Killer – Complete Buying Guide & Reviews
- The Best Snow Blower – Complete Buying Guide & Reviews
- Best Angle Grinder: Complete Buying Guide & Reviews
- How to Cut Firewood
- How to Soundproof a Door: Bringing Peace and Quiet Home
- Plumbing 101: Learn How to Cut Galvanized Pipe
- How to Make a Cutting Board That’s Sure to Turn Heads
- How to Whitewash Wood: Reaching the Rustic Aesthetic
- Learn How to Remove a Broken Bolt: Stress-free Salvaging
- Learn How to Drill Into Concrete
- 3 Different Methods for How to Cut-in a Ceiling
- How To Cut Glass Tile Without a Wet Saw
- How to Cut Porcelain Tile: Going the Extra Mile for Tile