Who among us doesn’t find himself daydreaming about having a man cave one day?
Not just any man cave…
No, you want the man cave that all your buddies will be talking about. The one everybody wants to come to and watch the big games.
But, you’ve got a problem.
Maybe you’re not completely broke, but you don’t really have the extra money to turn your basement or garage into the ultimate man cave right now.
Here’s some good news for you: it may still be possible.
We’ve scoured the web and found some of the best man cave ideas on a budget that will have your place looking top notch, without spending top dollar. Some of these are things you can make yourself out of old stuff you probably have laying around, or could find free on Craigslist.
1. DIY BASEBALL BAT TABLE
Obviously the length of the bat determines the height of the table. See step by step instructions here.
2. A CHEAP, BUT AWESOME MAN CAVE SIGN
A sign on the door or the wall will make sure that everyone knows exactly which room they are in… via Amazon
3. A FOOSBALL COAT HANGER
Got a broken down or unwanted foosball table? Tear that guy up and make a coat hanger out of the soccer players on a stick. Via Fancy
4. CONVERT A MINI-FRIDGE INTO A KEGERATOR
5. TURN OLD SCHOOL TENNIS RACKETS INTO MIRRORS
6. MAKE A DIY CUSTOM SIGN FROM A PALLET
The good news? You’ll get to use a circular saw in the process!
7. TURN OLD BEER BOTTLES INTO GLASSWARE
8. CHEAP WALL MOUNTED BOTTLE OPENERS
9. HIDE A RIFLE BEHIND AN AMERICA FLAG
Because you need to show off your guns, right? Full tutorial at DIY Ready.
10. MAKE SHELVES/TABLES OUT OF CINDER BLOCK
I’ll admit, the picture above is a little less-than-manly… but you could easily take the concept and man it up a little. via Dwell
11. MAKE CHAIRS FROM OLD TIRES
12. DIY BEER COASTERS
13. MAKE A MAN CAVE TABLE FROM A PALLET
Perfect for setting snacks, drinks or just a foot rest. Here’s how to make it:
14. MAN CAVE LIGHTING VIA SKATEBOARD
15. LICENSE PLATE LIGHTS
16. DIY FOOTBALL FIELD RUG
After all, don’t football and “man cave” go together like peanut butter and jelly? Tutorial viaChicaandJo
17. FOR THOSE JERSEYS THAT NO LONGER FIT…
If you’ve spent a little too much time in the man cave and not enough time in the gym… you might have some jerseys of players from the 80’s that fit a little snugly these days.
Why not turn them into DIY pillows for your man cave? It’s a very budget friendly project, viaKenneth Wingard
18. MAKE A ROLLING FOOT STOOL FROM A TIRE
We looked at making a tire bench seat earlier, but if you happen to pick up some extra old tires for free (or cheap) then why not make an awesome rolling foot stool for your man cave? via Wikihow
19. MAKE A PENDANT LAMP FROM A DRUM
If you are a musician with an old snare laying around, check out this DIY man cave lighting project from the Randolph family
20. USE TREE STUMPS FOR TABLES
Does it get more manly in a Paul Bunyan sort of way?
21. TURN AN OLD TV INTO AN AQUARIUM.
You might still have one of these dinosaur TVs sitting in your garage. If not, you’ll find them sitting on curbs for free all the time. Why not turn that baby into a fish tank? It’ll light up the man cave and make for a conversation starter. via Viral Nova
22. BRAND YOUR STEAKS WITH YOUR FAVORITE TEAM LOGO
For about $10, you can have every piece of meat served in your man cave displaying support of your favorite team:
23. VINTAGE POOL BALLS IN A VASE
via Pottery Barn, but could also DIY with an old set of pool balls you have on hand.
24. HOLD YOUR BOOKS WITH A SWORD
If you’re displaying books in your man cave, do it awesomely with these book ends:
25. MAKE IT SMELL MANLY
Enter man candles. Have your man cave smelling like fresh cut grass, dirt, bacon, and many more manly scents.
26. USE PALLET COASTERS
You can make everything else out of pallets, so why not coasters in your man cave? Get a set for under $20
27. USE A BIG-ASS BRICK OF SOAP
Don’t screw up the man cave by letting your wife take over the nearest bathroom. Besides decor that fits your man cave theme, man-up the soap with something like Duke Cannon’s Big Ass Brick of Soap modeled after the soldiers soap in Vietnam.
28. GOLF GRILL SET
Want to store you grilling tools in the man cave? Then you need something functional and fitting. Check out this golf themed grill set with legit grips. Even if you don’t display it in the man cave, when you come walking in from the grill with these babies, your friends know you mean business.
29. PLUNGE YOUR TOILET WITH A SHOTGUN
Hopefully you are leaving here inspired. Having a killer man cave doesn’t have to cost a fortune – it’s really about being creative and mixing in some “upcycling” with some other budget items that really make a statement.
Now get out there and make it happen!
Table of Contents
- 1. DIY BASEBALL BAT TABLE
- 2. A CHEAP, BUT AWESOME MAN CAVE SIGN
- 3. A FOOSBALL COAT HANGER
- 4. CONVERT A MINI-FRIDGE INTO A KEGERATOR
- 5. TURN OLD SCHOOL TENNIS RACKETS INTO MIRRORS
- 6. MAKE A DIY CUSTOM SIGN FROM A PALLET
- 7. TURN OLD BEER BOTTLES INTO GLASSWARE
- 8. CHEAP WALL MOUNTED BOTTLE OPENERS
- 9. HIDE A RIFLE BEHIND AN AMERICA FLAG
- 10. MAKE SHELVES/TABLES OUT OF CINDER BLOCK
- 11. MAKE CHAIRS FROM OLD TIRES
- 12. DIY BEER COASTERS
- 13. MAKE A MAN CAVE TABLE FROM A PALLET
- 14. MAN CAVE LIGHTING VIA SKATEBOARD
- 15. LICENSE PLATE LIGHTS
- 16. DIY FOOTBALL FIELD RUG
- 17. FOR THOSE JERSEYS THAT NO LONGER FIT…
- 18. MAKE A ROLLING FOOT STOOL FROM A TIRE
- 19. MAKE A PENDANT LAMP FROM A DRUM
- 20. USE TREE STUMPS FOR TABLES
- 21. TURN AN OLD TV INTO AN AQUARIUM.
- 22. BRAND YOUR STEAKS WITH YOUR FAVORITE TEAM LOGO
- 23. VINTAGE POOL BALLS IN A VASE
- 24. HOLD YOUR BOOKS WITH A SWORD
- 25. MAKE IT SMELL MANLY
- 26. USE PALLET COASTERS
- 27. USE A BIG-ASS BRICK OF SOAP
- 28. GOLF GRILL SET
- 29. PLUNGE YOUR TOILET WITH A SHOTGUN