Table saws are a very versatile tool. However, some of them are the larger side and they’re not easily transported. For smaller working spaces the preference is to have something more compact.
The Hercules Portable Harbor Freight Table Saw and Dewalt DWE7480 are among the top compact and portable table saws. They can do everything a larger table saw can do, they are just scaled down to a smaller size.
Quick Look: Table Saw
Table saws make straight or angled cuts through materials like wood, plastic, etc. They come in larger and smaller sizes, and they range in features. Portable table saws are the preference of most because they’re easy to use and transport. Anyone can benefit from buying a table saw because they are extremely helpful, whether you are a beginner, hobbyist, or professional.
Both Harbor Freight and Dewalt sell power tools. They both are great for anyone who wants to create home DIY projects or are just woodworking hobbyists. Here’s how the Hercules Portable Harbor Freight Table Saw and Dewalt DWE7480 compare to each other.
Hercules Harbor Freight Table Saw
This harbor freight table saw is very powerful.
That is thanks to the 15 amp motor, it delivers 4800 RPM and 3-1/8 in. depth of cut and 24 in. rip capacity. This allows it to power through some of the most demanding materials.
The saw is lightweight and portable. This makes it perfect for job site performance. It also contains some great features like a transparent blade guard, adjustable rip fence, built-in storage, adjustable feet, a dust port, and so on.
This Harbor Freight Table Saw will last for a while. It can be used by professionals, woodworkers, DIYers, and construction workers on a daily basis.
What we like:
- Ease of Use
What we don’t like:
- Problems with fence staying straight
This Dewalt table saw is very powerful as well. This saw comes with a 15 amp motor that provides this table saw with enough power to rip through any material it delivers 4800 RPM.
The saw is lightweight and portable. This makes it perfect for job site performance. It also contains some great features like a table coating to reduce friction, 24T carbide blade enhances cut quality and prolongs blade life, built-in storage, adjustable feet, a dust port, and so on.
This Dewalt table saw will last for a while. It can be used by professionals, woodworkers, DIYers, and construction workers on a daily basis.
What we like:
- Ease of Use
What we don’t like:
- Aligning material at first can be hard
For more information on Dewalt Table Saws check out, DEWALT Table Saws – 10″ Saws, Parts and Accessories.
Why You Should Buy a Table Saw
There are quite a few reasons to add a table saw to your workshop. Here are a few of them:
- Very versatile – Table saws have many uses. They are very customizable and they are useful on job sites, in workshops, etc.
- Powerful – Table saws will allow you to tackle some of the toughest jobs with ease.
- Great for larger materials – Most table saws have more table space compared to other saws. This allows you to handle larger materials easier and more safely.
There are many pros, but there is one con that will affect people’s decision when it comes to buying a table saw:
- Dangerous power saw – Table saws are more dangerous than something like a miter saw, this may be a concern for someone who doesn’t feel very confident around power tools.
Don’t forget to check out our full review on the best table saws. We poured hours of time into giving you the best comparisons.
When buying a table saw it’s important to keep some important factors in mind:
- Portability – Will you need to move your table saw often or will it be stationary? There are larger table saws that would do best in a stationary place. If you need to move your table saw around or take it with you there are compact and portable options too.
- Ease of Use – If you’re a beginner you may want to look into a less powerful table saw, this is because when a power tool has more power, they can be hard to control.
- Motor – The more power a motor has, the better its performance will be. However, keep in mind that when a motor is more powerful it can sometimes make the tool harder to control. For more information on how much power a table saw needs, check out How Much Power Does a Table Saw Need?
- Power Source – There are cordless and corded table saws out there. Cordless power saws are great if you need to transport your table saw quickly and easily, however, you would need a few batteries on hand for a full day’s work. Corded table saw make moving the saw around harder but you don’t have to worry about having enough batteries.
- Durability – Since power tools like table saws are not cheap, you want to make sure the table saw you are looking into buying is durable.
Harbor Freight Tools is a private discount equipment and tool retailer. They also operate a chain of retail stores, a mail-order, and eCommerce businesses.
Dewalt is an American company known for power tools and hand tools. They are best known in the construction and woodworking industries.
Both of these saws are great tools. They are sold by two very well known names in the industry, both table saws are well known for their performance, durability, and versatility.
But one, in the end, did beat out the other. Which was is it? The Hercules Harbor Freight Table Saw takes the top spot when it comes to these two saws. It was a very close competition because both of these saws are great but the Hercules Saw had one factor going for it. For more on table saw resources look at our guide.
So I’m sure you must be wondering, what made the Hercules win? The Hercules Harbor Freight Table Saw won because of the price. Once again, both of the Hercules Harbor Freight Table Saw and The Dewalt DWE7480 Table Saw are quite similar and you’ll most likely be happy no matter what one you pick. Do you have a favorite saw? Why is it your favorite? Please leave a comment to let us know, we would love to hear from you.